To build and sustain an engaged team, as a senior or middle leader you need to deliver a particular style of behaviour. By learning to deliver this behavioural style, you will create an environment in your school that will enable your team to flourish and excel.
An engaged member of staff:
- Understands what their organisation is trying to achieve and why, and how they’re being effective in their role contributes to the organisation being successful in achieving its aims
- Is personally motivated to help in that success
- Cares about the future of their organisation
- Is willing to put in effort beyond what is normally expected
- Derives a sense of personal accomplishment from their job
- Would recommend their organisation to another as a good place to work
- Believes that their workplace inspires them to do their best work
- Is proud to tell others where they work
A leader’s behaviour, or rather, the quality of their leadership delivery, dictates and determines the extent to which they establish and nurture the level of engagement. We can deliver training to help school management develop and build on staff engagement. For more information about this process, please get in touch using the details on the Contact Us page.